Tuesday, August 31, 2010

How One Might Love Themselves

Once I am aware of my construct triggers my response is usually different because my awareness of the trigger necessarily changes it.

What I mean is that when I am innocent and an event triggers a reaction, I react. But when I am aware, the event asserts the notion in me that I articulate as "watch, I'm going to do something around this!".

Having articulated that feeling, the next action I take is to question the value of my first impulse. If that impulse would have been ill-advised, I will probably control it. The act of controlling it is not something that would have happened prior to my awareness of the action and it's consequences. This dynamic is why I am sure that self examination is a good thing. What I need are more experiences in which, when I am aware of the way I react to something, I feel proud of that first impulse and give myself permission to behave, in awareness, as I would have in innocence. That would be a form of personal validation.

No comments:

Post a Comment